About


The Alumni Association of the Western Pennsylvania School for the Deaf was organized on September 26, 1914, and the
first reunion was held on September 1, 1915. Its purposes, as set forth in its constitution, are “to promote social intercourse
among the former pupils of the School, to establish a high standard of conduct, to extend a helping hand to the unfortunate,
to advance the interests of the deaf in every way and to bring the members into closer touch with the teachers and officers of the Institution.” From time to time since that date, many happy and profitable reunions have been held.

Copyright © 2017
W.P.S.D. Alumni Association
300 East Swissvale Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15218
412.371.7000 TTY/V | Fax: 412.244.4423
www.wpsd.org | www.wpsdalumni.org